The essential guide to dining, drinking and food shopping in Rome, available now on iPhone and iPad.
Version 2.7 was released in April 2013. In addition to some great new dining and drinking venues, I have improved the maps and user interface based on user feedback. Download now or update for free in the App Store.
Getting to the heart of Roman cuisine can be a tall order, but food historian, journalist and blogger Katie Parla has spent years helping visitors and locals alike discover the city’s dining culture. Rome for Foodies brings together 175 carefully vetted venues including restaurants, pizzerias, wine bars, craft beer pubs, gelato shops, and bakeries and gives users an insider’s view of only the finest food and drink Rome has to offer.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, it works offline, so you don’t even have to worry about data roaming charges on your phone.
- Browse 175 top foodie venues
- GPS: Find nearby venues automatically
- Content and maps available offline
- Advanced search: filter by category, distance, and budget range
- Share venues with friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter
- Save your favorite venues to “My Picks” category
- Browse “Katie’s Pick’s”, the best of the best
- Get the latest Rome posts from Parla Food